Baked Cheesecake (10-12" pie size)
1. CrustCrushed biscuits (recommended cheese crackers) or bread crumbs2 table spoon butter or margerine1 table spoon plain sugar
500g cream cheese (2 x 250g pack usually sold),
1 table spoon vanilla essence,
6 table spoon plain sugar,
2 table spoon butter
1. Make crust first. Have ready 10-12" pie pan. Crush biscuits enough to fill or layer the pan.
2. Melt the 2 table spoon butter and 1 table spoon sugar.
3. Pour into pan and mix well with crushed biscuits. Melt & add more butter if required. Use hand or spoon to pad crushed biscuits into crust layer in the pan. You can sprinkle or mix unmelted sugar with the crushed biscuits also to make crust crunchy-sweet.
4. Put in fridge to "set" or harden the crust.
5. Cream cheese must be left at room temperature to soften i.e. take out of fridge 1-2 hours or more. Before mixing the filling ingredient.
6. Turn on the oven and set to 100-150 degrees celcius (or low flame).
7. Use a mixer to whip the softened cream cheese + 1 table spoon vanilla essence + 6 table spoons sugar (you can add 1-2 spoons more depending on your taste) + the 3 eggs in a suitable container. Mix/whip well (3-4 minutes or more) until the filling is smooth. Taste to your liking. You can add a table spoon of lemon or lime to make it more sour.
8. Pour filling into pan with crust layer. Put in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. Once top of cheese filling turns slightly yellowish brown, turn off oven and leave for 15-20 minutes. Take out to cool at room temperature then put in fridge. Cake is best served a few minutes (15-20 minutes) after taken out of fridge when the cheesecake is softer.
Have fun trying OK