Taco is like Mexican kebab (flat bread with salad , sauce ie salsa and seasoned meat)
Taco Meat Seasoning
1 1/2 tablespoons corn flour
4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 reaspoon of curry powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon beef /chicken granules
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- mix all the above together
1 1/3 pounds lean ground beef - washed and drained
1 cup water
1) Put ground beef into a skillet or pan and over a medium heat brown the beef. I love to let the juices dry proper so that I do not throw away the flavour of the meat, cos some would recommend that u drain the water out for the meat once its brown.
2) Mix in the seasoning and pour in the water. simmer on medium to medium high heat until liquid dries.
3) To be served on soft tortillas or soft tacos (pita bread or lebanese bread would also make good substitute)
4) Chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes (remove the inside if not, it'll be too watery), i love chopped capsicum in my taco, grated cheddar cheese ,and salsa.
And for the authentic mexican taste - a squeeze of lime juice, hot sauce or even cili padi. yummmmm
It's worth a try right?